W. and W.R.L. Blackwell fonds

Reference Code: Fonds - C 21
Title: W. and W.R.L. Blackwell fonds
Date of Creation: 1885-1944
Physical Description:

ca. 400 architectural drawings

Scope and Content:

Fonds consists of the architectural drawings of Peterborough architects, William and Walter Rollston Lightbourne Blackwell.


Projects represented in the fonds include: Hospital for the Canadian General Electric Company; additions to the Peterborough Y.M.C.A.; Hospital for the General Electric Company; Rush Apartments; the Masonic Building; the Canadian Raybestos Company Building; and the Peterborough Lock Company Building.


Administrative History or Biographical Sketch:

W. and W.R.L. Blackwell was an architectural firm formed in Peterborough, Ontario in 1919. The partners were William Blackwell (1850- 1937) and his son, Walter Rollston Lightbourne Blackwell (1890-1957).

Click on the link(s) below for more information.

W. and W.R.L. Blackwell (firm)

Permalink:
Finding Aid:

An inventory is available for this fonds.

Structure of Collection:

View how this material is structured within its collection. Select items to navigate through the different available levels of description, including online series, sub-series and listings.

Restrictions on Access:

No restrictions on access.

How to order these records:

Reading Rooms: Please consult Inventory for C 21 in order to narrow down your search.

Terms For Use and Reproduction:

Copyright held by creator. These materials cannot be published without permission of the copyright holder.

Immediate Source of Acquisition: Fonds was acquired by the Archives of Ontario in 1985 from Mrs. W.L.R. Blackwell.
Related Material:

For other Blackwell records, please consult C 22, the Craig, Zeidler and Strong fonds.

Notes:

Title based on contents of the fonds.

Other/Former Codes:

Accession Number: 16670